As the Managing Director of The Wama’s Lounge I wanted to write to keep you up to date on what we’re doing across our restaurant following the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Most importantly, we want to reassure you that the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team members is our number one priority.
As a restaurant business, we already have in place stringent controls to prevent the spread of illnesses. This includes monitoring our staff for any signs of illness, as well as a robust cleaning and disinfection regime which includes sanitising all areas and contact points in customer areas such as doors, door handles, soap dispensers and toilets. This takes place regularly throughout the day as well as prior to opening and at closing time.
Given the current situation, we have put in additional health and hygiene measures across all restaurants:
- We are reminding all our team members to wash their hands for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes.
- We have arranged for additional deliveries of hand sanitizer and cleaning materials into restaurants.
- We are providing our teams with the latest advice from PHE to ensure everyone who works for The Wama’s Lounge understands their role in looking after themselves and our customers. This includes ensuring every individual who works for us understands the symptoms and when to self-isolate.
- We are only operating as takeaway and delivery service, please just ask us if you have any queries.
- We’ll also be sanitizing chip and pin devices after each use.
- Finally, we’ll do everything possible to accommodate individual customer requests.
If you do feel unwell, we encourage you to stay at home to recover and enjoy your favourite Wama’s Lounge dishes available soon on our own website, Just Eat and Uber Eats platforms. We have launched a non-contact drop-off service, or via our own click & collect or delivery service.
We will continue to remain in close contact with our teams and monitor the Public Health England guidance, so that we can react quickly as the situation evolves to protect our customers and team members.
Managing Director, The Wama’s Lounge